Configure Port Address Translation to allow private IP addresses internet access via a shared public address.
Select the Policies tab, then choose NAT from the side menu.
Then click Add,
On the General tab, give the policy a name.
On the Original Packet tab, specify:
- Source Zone: inside
- Destination Zone: outside
- Destination Interface: ethernet1/1
- Source Address: Inside 10.0.0.0 (Object)
On the Translated Packet tab, specify:
- Translation Type: Dynamic Ip and Port (Port Address Translation)
- Address Type: Interface Address
- Interface: ethernet1/1
- IP Address: 192.168.0.250/24
Note: This outside interface address is also a Private IP address, that is provided by the ISP and natted out on the other side to a Public IP address by the ISP router. The concepts taught remain the same.
Now commit the changes.
Thank you for visiting my tutorial page. For more tutorials, be sure to check IMCK Training for the latest updates.